Volunteering and open positions.
The MBCAC relies on volunteers to help with the many programs we offer. From board positions (some of which include a stipend) to general help around the galleries, we are always looking for people interested in contributing. Below are some of the current roles that are now open. Please apply using the form at the bottom of this page.
(For all other non-position issues, please contact us here.)
We are currently looking for a new board President and Treasurer and we have a new job opening. More details below.
Immediate Board Opening:
The basic role of the president is to supervise and control the affairs of the organization and the activities of the officers. This includes keeping up to date with the undertakings of the Art Tour Director, Gallery Director, and other directors of programming, including budgets. The officer is expected to address concerns that inevitably come up in a timely manner.
He or She shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors, unless extraordinary circumstances prevent this, in which case the vice president will preside. This includes working with the secretary to create an agenda for monthly board meetings, which include but are not limited to, officers, directors, and programming reports, as well as action items and new business.
Besides official duties, it is also vitally important that the president be available to address concerns from members, attend MBCAC functions, and to advocate and act as ambassador for the organization whenever possible. While it is not a requirement, the officeholder really should be a full time resident of the Morongo Basin in order to be able to successfully accomplish these things.
- Records and reconcile all MBCAC income, either via electronic transfer (PayPal, etc.) of physical money, including but not limited to:
- Collect checks, money orders, and other remittance from the PO Box.
- Fees from memberships, Hwy 62 Art Tours Registration Fees and misc. income.
- Exhibits and show income coordinated with Gallery 62 treasurer.
- Donations and Grants
- Create a deposit summary (spreadsheet) and send to bookkeeper, breaking down sources of all income including sales tax and artist percentage of any applicable sales.
- Transfer online payments from Paypal to checking account, download CSV (spreadsheet) file and send to bookkeeper, breaking down sources of all income, including sales tax and artist percentage of any applicable sales.
- Maintains oversight of current MBCAC expenses.
- Facilitate refunds to members when necessary at the discretion of the Board or Art Tours Committee.
- Helps maintain MBCAC checking account resources.
- Present a monthly finance report at board meetings.
- Communicate with the bookkeeper at regular intervals regarding financial matters
- Work directly and indirectly with the directors of MBCAC’s main programs: Hwy 62 Art Tours, JTAG, Gallery 62 and Art In Public Places.
To apply, please scroll down and upload your resume and cover letter below.
The Morongo Basin Cultural Arts Council (MBCAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. MBCAC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at MBCAC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. MBCAC will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. MBCAC encourages applicants of all ages.